Test Before You Travel
Getting ready to go on travel? Take a moment to review the following steps before you leave. It’s best to test during normal business hours:
- Test your VPN connectivity:
If you’re at the Laboratory, connect to APL’s wireless network.
Testing VPN Connectivity on Windows Testing VPN Connectivity on Mac OS
- If you’re away from the Laboratory, type www.jhuapl.edu/remote in your browser’s address bar and select one of the Pulse Secure VPN options to see whether you can connect.
- If you’re at the Laboratory, connect to APL’s wireless network.
- Remember to take your power supply and any other adapters or peripherals you may need.
- Don’t forget your HID Token—you need it to log in!
Here are a few more things to consider:
- If your password is due to expire while you’re away, change it before you go.
- Disconnect your system from APL’s network and then restart your system to make sure you can successfully log in to your system.
- If you are taking a loaner system, connect it to the Laboratory’s network and then log in to create your user profile before leaving the Laboratory.
- Download large files ahead of time—they may take a long time to download in airports or other low-Internet-bandwidth areas.
- Back up your system if it isn’t on a regular backup schedule.
Need help? Call the Help Desk 443-778-HELP (x8-4357)