Homeland Protection Mission Area
Counter Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) Threats
We conduct world-class science and technology research and develop leading-edge capabilities for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and special and intelligence operators for countering conventional, advanced, and emerging weapons of mass destruction (WMDs).
We accomplish this through technological innovation and creative solutions in the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning, autonomous systems, CBRNE detection, and more.
- Chemical and Biological Defeat
- RNE Defeat
- Protection Systems and Technologies
- Homeland Countering WMD
- Operational Integration
- CBRN Science and Technology
- CBRN Threat Characterization
- Countering Information Warfare
Homeland Threat Detection and Resilient Systems
We develop cutting-edge concepts and technologies to secure the homeland against a range of physical threats and to advance comprehensive border security, transportation security, and the safety and resiliency of our national airspace. We design innovative capabilities to counter emerging challenges across the domains of cybersecurity, communications, counterintelligence, and cyber-physical critical infrastructure and supply chains. We also protect against hidden malign activities and assure that communications systems, from first responders to the U.S. president, work under all conditions.
The solutions we deliver reflect our deep understanding of operations and our close association with frontline stakeholders, enabling us to effectively develop novel solutions through the application of advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and smart sensing at the edge.
- Aviation Safety and Security
- Integrated Border Systems
- Resilient Critical Infrastructure
- Cyber Security and Analytics
- Advanced Surveillance Mission Systems
- Transportation Security Systems
- Assured Homeland Command, Control, and Communications
- Integrated Information and Intelligence Systems