The mission of the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) is:
to broaden the impact of APL’s scientific and technical contributions by transferring APL-developed technology to industry to benefit the local economy, the Laboratory and our sponsors.
Two goals of the OTT are:
- Technology Push: Identify, market and license commercially viable technologies to business and industry;
- Market Pull: Identify current and future industry needs and match APL capabilities to those needs through research partnerships.
- License agreements,
- Cooperative research agreements,
- Industrial funding agreements,
- Partnerships with regional high-tech companies, and
- New business spin-offs.