With a portfolio of more than 1,100 cutting-edge inventions and an experienced licensing staff, APL’s Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) offers business and industry streamlined access to the technological innovations made at the Laboratory.
OTT operates as a single point of contact for industry to identify available technologies and research capabilities at the Laboratory and to secure both licensing and industry research and development agreements.
OTT fiscal year 2015 data:
- 274 inventions disclosed
- 35 U.S. patents issued
- 89 U.S. provisional patent applications filed
- 28 U.S. non-provisional patent applications filed
- 73 license agreements executed
- 1 new company created
Fifteen-year cumulative data (1999–2015):
- 2,678 inventions disclosed
- 399 U.S. patents issued
- 1,435 U.S. provisional patent applications filed
- 882 U.S. non-provisional patent applications filed
- 505 license agreements executed
- 35 new companies created (>50 new jobs created)