With a portfolio of more than 1,100 cutting-edge inventions and an experienced licensing staff, APL’s Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) offers business and industry streamlined access to the technological innovations made at the Laboratory.
OTT operates as a single point of contact for industry to identify available technologies and research capabilities at the Laboratory and to secure both licensing and industry research and development agreements.
OTT fiscal year 2016 data:
- 272 inventions disclosed
- 20 U.S. patents issued
- 90 U.S. provisional patent applications filed
- 32 U.S. non-provisional patent applications filed
- 54 license agreements executed
- 4 new companies created
Seventeen-year cumulative data (1999–2016):
- 2,950 inventions disclosed
- 419 U.S. patents issued
- 1,525 U.S. provisional patent applications filed
- 914 U.S. non-provisional patent applications filed
- 559 license agreements executed
- 39 new companies created (>50 new jobs created)